Congratulations Kimmi Cantwell!May 23rd, 2013
From the Desk of Mike Donnelly:
Please join me in congratulating Kimmi Lea Mauch Cantwell on two special achievements. Last evening Kimmi was installed as President of the Austin Association of Insurance Professionals (AAIP). The AAIP provides education and networking opportunities as well as undertaking a number of philanthropic endeavors. For example, the AAIP’s latest fundraiser supported 15 area charities. Kimmi has been serving the association for a number of years, and we are very excited for her presidency. Perhaps even more special, Kimmi was also named the AAIP Insurance Professional of the Year. We are extremely proud of her efforts and accomplishments.
Best Regards from the MDO Team.
McGowan, Donnelly & Oberheu (MDO) – New Hire!February 28th, 2013
Effective February 18th, 2013 – McGowan, Donnelly & Oberheu (MDO) is excited to introduce our newest Account Executive, Natalie Schiro. In this position, Natalie will be responsible for the production of new and renewal business as well as establishing new retail agency relationships.
Natalie is an experienced professional liability broker who has earned her Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU) designation. She is a native Texan and graduate of St. Edward’s University. We are thrilled to have her on the MDO team.
Natalie Schiro, RPLU
512.600.2280 ext. 5316
For more information about MDO, please visit our website!
Lawyers Professional LiabilityOctober 16th, 2012
MDO and Darwin are committed to being the total market solution and go to leader in the Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) segment. Together, they offer competitive rates and streamlined processing, as well as a state of the art, value added risk management program. They are able to entertain a broad range of firms in virtually all areas of practice, with 1-25 attorneys and annual revenues of $50,000 and above. For the majority of AOPs, they can provide an indication off a competitor’s application.
Limits: Primary up to $5M
AM Best Rating: A (Excellent) XV
Features & Highlights:
- Multiple retention options including $0 and aggregate retentions
- Claims Expenses Outside the Limit (CEOL) available
- Broad definition of Legal Services
- Broad definition of Claim
- Broad definition of Damages
- Coverage for Predecessor Firms, Independent Contractors and Of Counsel
- Outside Directors Liability coverage is available
- Disciplinary Proceedings coverage
- Lost Earnings reimbursement coverage
- Subpoena Coverage up to a maximum of $2,500
- Consent to Settle provision “hammer clause” softened to 50/50
- Innocent Insured coverage
- Automatic 60 day extended reporting period
- Extended reporting period (ERP) options available, including disability, death and cessation of practice
- No pollution, mold or asbestos exclusions
- Worldwide coverage
- Career coverage available
Darwin offers valuable loss control services and risk management information to our policyholders. They partner with the law firm of Hinshaw and Culbertson, LLP to support each organization’s risk management efforts by developing strategies that meet everyday professional challenges. The following services are available: Risk management web site and CLE programs
- Email alerts and The Lawyers’ Lawyer Newsletter
- Risk management hotline
- Risk management/loss control audits
Contact McGowan, Donnelly & Oberheu, LLC for more information!
512.600.2280 • mdoinsurance.com
For full marketing piece, click here.
New Hire! MaryPeyton Sumners has joined MDOJuly 9th, 2012
Effective July 9th, 2012 – MaryPeyton Sumners has joined McGowan, Donnelly and Oberheu, LLC (MDO) as an Account Executive. In this position, MaryPeyton will be responsible for the production of new and renewal business as well as establishing new retail agency relationships. Before joining MDO, MaryPeyton was a Commercial Casualty Underwriter for Ironshore Specialty in their Dallas, TX office. MaryPeyton‘s eight years of insurance experience includes time in both the retail and carrier sectors. We are very excited to have her on the MDO team. MaryPeyton can be reached at 512-600-2280 x5314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDO is Proud to be Selected by ThinkRisk to Help Introduce [in]FUSEJune 19th, 2012
MDO is proud to be selected by ThinkRisk to help introduce [in]FUSE.
[in]FUSE is the first product of its kind combining Insurance Agents and Brokers Professional Liability and Network Security and Privacy coverage on one policy. The increased daily use of technology and media to conduct business, coupled with public and regulatory focus on privacy, present significant operational challenges and risks for an organization. [in]FUSE is specifically designed to address these converging professional, data security, privacy and media risks and more.
For more information, please contact:
Dan Oberheu • email@example.com • 512.600.2280 x5303
Ken Linneman • firstname.lastname@example.org • 512.600.2280 x5307
MDO is Proud to Announce….January 10th, 2012
McGowan, Donnelly & Oberheu, LLC (MDO) is proud to announce our appointment as the State Coordinator for Allied World’s Lawyers Professional Liability program in Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Utah.
Firms with 1 – 25 attorneys and annual revenues of at least $50,000 are eligible. All areas of practice are entertained (except Patent Prosecution). Allied World offers competitive rates and streamlined processing, as well as a state-of-the-art, value added risk management program with the financial security of an A.M. Best Rated “A (Excellent) XV” carrier.
Policy highlights include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Claims Expenses Outside Limit (CEOL) available
• Broad definition of Legal Services
• Broad definition of Claim
• Coverage for Predecessor Firms, Independent Contractors and Of Counsel
• Outside Directors Liability coverage built in to the insuring agreement
• Broad definition of Damages specifically includes pre- and post-judgment interest
• Disciplinary Proceedings Coverage
• Lost Earnings reimbursement coverage of up to $500 per day with a maximum payment of $10k per claim and $30k in the aggregate
• Subpoena Coverage up to a maximum of $2,500
• Consent to Settle provision “hammer clause” softened to 50/50
• Innocent Insured coverage
• Automatic 60 day extended reporting period
Loss control and risk management information is provided to each Insured. Services include:
• Risk management web site and CLE programs
• Email alerts and The Lawyers’ Lawyer Newsletter
• Risk management hotline
• Risk management/loss control audits